Controversial times - its often controversial

A blog discussing controversial views, prejudice, stereotypes, and anything from international affairs to day to day topics, anything that sturrs the mind into action and provokes interest, updated daily where possible.

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Alcohol in Modern Society

I woke up this morning with those awful symptoms: headache, feeling slightly dizzy, feeling sick, before dragging myself out the door to work. So now I ask myself while I’m sat here feeling lethargic and tired, why do we do it to ourselves?

Looking back to last night, I enjoyed supping away on the fine whiskey while playing an enjoyable but tense game of poker, it was an enjoyable night for those few hours, but as a result, I've had to suffer all day today! I now ask myself, why did I indulge in so much alcohol? I'm sure I would have still had a very enjoyable night even if I hadn't had anything to drink!

Given the news coverage and campaigns to increase awareness of liver damage from alcohol as well as the other negative affects, along with the binge drinking culture that is arising in the U.K. its amazing that we still inflict this on our bodies!

I think we all need to take a long, deep look into the mirror, why do we need to drink to have an enjoyable night, if you cant have a fun night without alcohol, then there is even more reason to take a look in the mirror! We need to realise that we are contributing to our own demise while making us feel ill the next day! We need to learn how to moderate, its been proven alcohol in small quantities has beneficial health affects, why cant we all just have a couple of drinks then move onto water or any one of many soft drinks on offer, why do we go back for more, if we didn’t, it would save us a small fortune, possibly including an extra few years onto our life!

Next time you’re heading for a night out, think about what you’re doing and its consequences!

1 Comments:

At 6:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Get Crunk!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Copyright 2006 - Victor Lensora http://controversial-times.blogspot.com